Fox Camp - The Art of Stealth
Overnight Camp (Ages 11-15)
Dates & Locations
Become the eyes and ears of the forest at Fox Camp as you learn confidence through the skills of the scout.
Discover how to blend into the landscape through the arts of camouflage, navigation without compass or map, and stealthy movement. Skills are lighter than gear and Fox Camp hones your self reliance through challenges and awareness activities.
Some skills you will have an opportunity to practice during this week:
- Use camouflage and stealthy movement to move confidently and invisibly
- Invoke your inner Jedi through blindfold awareness activities
- Navigate without a compass or map
- Discover edible plants (of the woods & streams)
- Practice primitive cooking while on the go
- See more wildlife as you learn the language of the birds (the eyes and ears of the forest)
- Adventure afield at day and night
*This program was made possible by a grant from the Tompkins County Tourism Program
† Tuition is based on a self-determined sliding scale. Funds received above the minimum go to our scholarship fund as a tax-deductible donation (you will receive a receipt at the end of the year).
- 1pm Sunday - 11am Friday
- 6 days/5 nights, includes all meals and camping