- ApprenticeshipBy trimester, September - JuneApprentices contribute to programming through role modeling, supporting staff, and helping to craft a safe, positive learning culture.
- Nature MentoringSpringImagine learning through wilderness-based experiences, engaging your hands, your head, and your heart for an integrated understanding of the old ways and of how relevant they are to nature connection even today.
- Wilderness SkillsWinter, Spring & Fall SessionsStep out of your everyday routine to experience 8 incredible Fridays learning outdoor survival skills, deepening your awareness and connecting with natural areas throughout our local bioregion.
- Wilderness WeekendsSelected WeekendsJoin us in the great outdoors to learn the essentials of survival in this series of weekend workshops.
- Bow Making e-CourseOngoingSign up to get a five-part series on bow making delivered weekly directly to your in-box.
ADULT PROGRAMS Ages 18+
We believe in a reciprocal relationship between community and skill building finding that community enriches the adoption of new skills and skills enrich community. Whether you join us for a single workshop or one of our extended skills training programs, we welcome you into our community and hope you will take what you have learned back to yours.
"You all do an amazing job inspiring kids to be actively engaged in their environment. Every week, Isaac is eager to demonstrate his newly developed skills and knowledge, including catching crayfish for dinner, collecting plants for tea or medicinal uses, and carving wood into bows. He is proud to be able to teach his parents a thing or two!" Summer Camp Parent
"The experience I had working with Primitive Pursuits remains fresh and sharp in my memory. Primitive Pursuits is exceptional and rare in its employee cohesiveness, support and provides a community in the truest sense of the word! I continue to grow inwardly and outwardly due to the experience." C.W., Summer Staff