Fall Nature Reset
Megan Pugh, September 6, 2017
A playful return and re-attunement to nature in the Arnot forest through yoga, nature games and awareness skills.
Join Shimon (Simeon) Darwick of Joyful Fitness
with Co-Facilitator Astrid Jirka and Friends
Sunday, October 8th
9:30 am - 4 pm
Arnot Forest Field Campus
611 County Rd 13, Cayuta, NY
Proceeds above cost will go to the Primitive Pursuits scholarship fund!
It's time for a Nature reset! With technology taking so much of our focus it can take effort to slow down and turn our attention to the natural world and our place in it.
The global, natural, and political climate is asking us to return to nature, to remember the simplicity of it all and rejuvenate our sense of truth. This is a great opportunity to heed that call.
- You will learn about new ways and skills to be with the land
- Enjoy meditative walks and and journaling in the forest.
- Explore our naturalist skills to better know the Finger Lakes forests
- Re-discover your Inner Wild Child by spending a day in a forest sanctuary, free from technology and in the company of nature technology!
Your day will consist of:
- Time spent in the Arnot Forest - 4200 acres of rolling hills, forest, grasslands, ponds, and streams, just a 20 minute drive from Ithaca, New York, an iconic town known as the Gateway to the Finger Lakes.
- A Yoga Eco-Hike with Astrid Jirka. A morning yoga stretch combined with a hike through the forest in which we learn about some of the local plants and the ecology of the land, pause to breathe deeply, walk quietly and find a spot to sit and clear our minds. We call it forest-bathing!
- A delicious lunch and snacks made of simple, organic and nutritious ingredients.
- An afternoon of activities and games that re-connect you to your primitive and wild ways. Practice making fires, foraging, plaing some good ol' fashioned camp games, laughing together.
- A parting activity to set your mind for further connections with nature and a playful attitude to life as we transition into the new season.
About the presenters:
- Shimon Darwick is a trained yoga instructor, health coach, and wilderness instructor. He dedicates his life to playful living, connection with the earth, and vitality through his business Joyfull Fitness.
- Astrid Jirka delights in re-connecting people to a sense of peace and happiness through the practice of yoga and time spent in nature. She teaches yoga classes and organizes opportunities for people to take their yoga off the mat and into action, such as yoga eco-hikes, benefits for local causes, and overseas retreats. She is the owner of Vahana Yoga & Eco-Tours and runs the Yoga for the Earth project.
Registration is through Joyful Fitness and the registration link is here. I hope we will see some of you out there!