Details About Our Payment Policies
Our Sliding Scale System
At Primitive Pursuits we are committed to making our programs available to as many people as possible. To this end, we generate scholarships via our sliding-scale fee on a program-to-program basis. Any payments above the base rate are tax-deductible donations to our scholarship fund. When filing for taxes Primitive Pursuits is listed under “Cornell Cooperative Extension” Tax ID #16-6072897.
Common Online Payment Troubleshooting Tips
- Please login to your Account Portal on a computer (not smartphone or tablet)
- Use Firefox or Chrome as your browser (not Explorer or Safari)
- Wait at least 30 seconds after submitting your payment for the screen to change (there is no visual symbol showing that the credit card payment is processing).
- If the payment does not go thru and you are on a computer using Firefox or Chrome, it may be that your credit/debit card has a past expiration date on file. Try entering your current card as a 'new' card in the Account Portal.
- Check with your bank to determine whether your account has enough balance to cover the payment.
- If you have gone through the above steps, please email us for additional assistance: email@example.com
Late Pick-Up Policy (all youth programs)
Please be aware, our staff have families, too! If your child remains in our care beyond the appointed pick up time we reserve the right to charge you for the additional supervision costs incurred. The cost is $20 for each fifteen minute increment or portion thereof per child. For example, if you are 1-15 min. late, the cost is $20. If you are 16-30 min. late, the cost is $40. By making payment for our programs you agree to this policy and agree to be charged accordingly.
Late Arrival / Early Departure Policy (all youth programs)
Please give at least 2 full business days' advance notice to firstname.lastname@example.org (eg. by Thursday morning for Monday program). Our programs often happen away from the parking area, and so these situations require special arrangements among our field staff. We do our best to accommodate these requests as much as possible and will be in communication to confirm with you. If you have not given this notice, you will be charged $20 for each 15-minute increment (or portion thereof) that you drop off or pick up within set youth program times.
We issue annual receipts for all tax-deductible donations early each calendar year, before April.
If you require a receipt for program fees, please email email@example.com including the name of the account holder and the time period for which you need the receipt (eg. last year; summer of 2017; spring of 2018). We do our best to respond within a week; in the busy summertime this may take longer.
Program Cancellation Refund Policy
If a single-day program (such as a school-break day) is canceled due to inclement weather, we will credit your payment toward a future program or refund your payment minus a $15 processing fee. If a single day of an ongoing program (such as a week-long camp, Homeschool program, or after-school programs) is canceled, no refunds will be made.
We will cancel our programs if the Ithaca City School District cancels school due to snow or hazardous weather. If the program takes place on a school break day or holiday, we will cancel our programs if the Tompkins County sheriff declares that the roads are closed due to hazardous conditions. If there is a 2 hour delay, we will delay our program for 1 hour. As always, we encourage people to travel only when they feel it is safe. You can check here for current school and road closings.
Please look for registration status in your Account Portal. If you see "waitlist" then that participant is on the waitlist. Our registration software will not accept payment if waitlisting. If a spot opens, we call and email the next waitlisted person and include a deadline for reply and payment arranged through the office.
Participant Cancellation Refund Policies (School Year / Summer)
Should you choose to change or cancel an enrollment for ANY reason, our refund policies are as follows:
Change & refund requests must be made in writing through the registrar, even if you have discussed this with another staff person, such as a field educator. The effective date of all refund requests is the DATE OF THE EMAIL notifiying the registrar of your request.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, phone, the participant's name, the full program name(s), and the program start date(s). You will receive a confirmation email within 7 business days. No phone calls, please.
When a transfer of credit to another program is permitted, there is a $15 admin fee per program per change. Only the Registrar can process these changes. Epic Days are nonrefundable.
Academic Year (except Ithaca Forest Preschool):
- If you cancel 60 or more days prior to the program starting date, you are entitled to a full refund, minus the deposit & any donation above the sliding scale base rate.
- If you cancel between 30 and 60 days prior to the program starting date, Primitive Pursuits will retain half the program tuition, after the deposit & any donation above the sliding scale base rate.
- If you cancel fewer than 30 days prior to the program starting date or after the program has begun, there will be no refunds.
- Epic Day fees are non-refundable/transferable
Ithaca Forest Preschool:
- Deposits are nonrefundable. If you cancel after a program payment in full due date, there are no refunds.
Summer: Day Camps/Growing Wild
1. If you cancel before April 15, choose
- full credit transferable to another summer camp in 2018 with available space ($200 Growing Wild; $300 Day Camp) OR
- partial refund (full fee minus non-refundable deposit and any donation above the base rate).
2. If you cancel between April 15 to May 15, choose:
- partial credit transferable to another summer camp in 2018 with available space ($100 Growing Wild; $200 Day Camp; $390 Overnight Camp) OR
- partial refund (50% of fee minus non-refundable deposit and any donation above the base rate).
3. After May 15, there are NO refunds or credit transfers.
Epic Day Fees are non-refundable/transferable.
Summer: Overnight Camps
1. If you cancel before April 1st, choose
- full credit transferable to another summer camp in 2018 with available space ($780 Overnight Camp) OR
- partial refund (fee minus non-refundable deposit and any donation above the base rate = $530).
2. If you cancel between April 1 to May 1, choose:
- partial credit transferable to another summer camp in 2018 with available space ($530) OR
- partial refund (50% of fee minus non-refundable deposit and any donation above the base rate = $265).
3. After May 1, there are NO refunds or credit transfers for Overnight Camps.
"I am so very grateful for all the knowledge and experience you have given me. It was a pleasure to be part of an organization that cared so much about everything I did and was so very helpful. I could not have picked a better place to do my internship." J.N., Intern