- Coyote Howl Spring 20204/4 and 5/9-10Welcome to the Circle! Each gathering will be chock-full of skills to learn and practice!
Explore. Discover. Connect.
Teens have issued a resounding request for year-round meet-ups, and we hear their calls. These Saturday programs offer an exciting opportunity to deepen and practice wilderness living skills in an inclusive, supportive group of peers aged 13-17. New and returning teens are invited to lead each other on new paths, as they venture out to diverse natural areas and light fires of inspiration.
"Primitive Pursuits not only gave my son a level of confidence he'd never known, it also gave him useful skills that he has gone on to use out in the world. His fire building know-how was unparalleled on his month-long Outward Bound journey this past summer." T.A., Parent
Create a woods community with friends new and old as we step into unknown challenges and possibilities in the forest. Learn to master the fundamentals of finding food, shelter and fire. Hone your crafting skills and play epic games that never end. Foster a deep connection with your peers and mentors, as we all support each other on a journey of discovery, problem solving, leadership and self-reliance. Some projects we may explore include:
- Delve into to the creation of fire
- Weave baskets around the fire
- Expand your mind through archery
- Hone your focus on carving projects and coal burning
- Practice nature connection and awareness skills
- Create delicious meals through primitive cooking techniques and harvest your own wild edibles
Past Program Offerings
- Shelters & Baskets
- Fire & Crafting
- Wild Edibles & Primitive Cooking
- Village Weekend
- Fire & Harvest
- Tracking & Snow Shelters
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." Albert Einstein