- Coyote HowlFive Saturdays Oct. 1 - Dec. 10, 2016Welcome to the Circle! Each Saturday will be chock-full of skills to learn and practice; wilderness cooking, animal study, storytelling and inner tracking and more!
"Amazing. Hard. Fun. Life changing..."
Our teen expeditions offer an exciting group experience and opportunity to live the core practices of wilderness skills with excellent mentors. Our process and small group size ensures an inclusive and supportive group culture from day one. This version of our program allows for busy teen schedules while keeping the skills and connection going.
"Primitive Pursuits not only gave my son a level of confidence he'd never known, it also gave him useful skills that he has gone on to use out in the world. His fire building know-how was unparalleled on his month-long Outward Bound journey this past summer." Todd Ayoung, Parent
Five Saturdays from 2PM - 8PM culminating with an epic overnight at Arnot Forest
- October 1
- October 15
- November 5
- November 19
- December 10 (overnight at Arnot Forest!)
Ages 13 — 16
Sliding Scale Fee: $235-$335
A small group size will be maintained to ensure individual
attention and superior mentoring.
Each session: please bring a snack, clothes for all weather, water bottle, water proof shoes, and extra clothes. Please bring a dinner for every session except on December 10th, where we will cook an epic feast together to celebrate the closing session.
Create a woods community with friends new and old as we step into new challenges and possibilities in the forest. Explore how to master the fundamentals of finding food, shelter and fire. Master your crafting skills and play the epic games that never end. Foster a deep connection with your peers and mentors—as we all support each other on a journey of discovery, problem solving, leadership and self-reliance. Some projects we may explore include:
- Delving into to the creation of fire
- Weaving baskets around the fire
- Expand your mind through archery
- Focused carving projects and coal burning
- Nature connection and awareness skills
- Creating delicious meals through primitive cooking techniques and wild edibles
Past Program Offerings:
- Shelters & Baskets
- Fire & Crafting
- Wild Edibles & Primitive Cooking
- Village Weekend
- Fire & Harvest
- Tracking & Snow Shelters
Britton is passionate about wild edibles, education, herbalism, mycology, the interconnection of all things.
"Primitive Pursuits is great, it’s not easy to find a thing where my children feel truly welcome, and Primitive Pursuits has been a safe haven for them. It’s such a wonderful program, you don’t need to sit there and lecture or talk about nature because you’re simply experiencing it." K.S., Parent