Welcome to the Circle! Each Saturday will be chock-full of skills to learn and practice; wilderness cooking, animal study, storytelling and inner tracking and more!
Create a woods community with friends new and old as we step into new challenges and possibilities in the forest. Explore how to master the fundamentals of finding food, shelter and fire. Delve into your crafting skills and play the epic games that never end. Foster a deep connection with your peers and mentors—as we all support each other on a journey of discovery, problem solving, leadership and self-reliance. Some projects we may explore include:
- Delving into to the creation of fire
- Weaving baskets around the fire
- Expand your mind through archery
- Focused carving projects and coal burning
- Nature connection and awareness skills
- Creating delicious meals through primitive cooking techniques and wild edibles
Our teen experiences offer an incredible opportunity live the core practices of wilderness skills with excellent mentors. Our process and small group size ensures an inclusive and supportive group culture from day one.
Saturday 2PM - 8PM
- May 27, 2017
Ages 13 — 16
Sliding Scale Fee: $45-$75
Please bring a snack and dinner, clothes for all weather, water bottle, water proof shoes, and extra clothes.
A small group size will be maintained to ensure individual attention and superior mentoring.
- Coyote Howl
- Sessions will begin Saturday at 2:00PM and conclude at 8:00PM
- Spring 2017
- 4-H Acres