Welcome to the Circle! Each gathering will be chock-full of skills to learn and practice; wilderness cooking, animal study, storytelling and inner tracking and more!
Where skills meet the heart... Come create a community around the fire with friends new and old as we step into the challenges and possibilities the forest has to offer. At this year's Coyote Howl, you'll explore the journey of finding food, making shelter and connecting with the natural world.
Our teen meet-ups offer an incredible opportunity learn life skills in the outdoors with excellent mentors. Our process and
small group size ensures an inclusive and supportive group culture from
day one. This spring, Lead Instructors Danielle Prizzi, Joseph Buffo and Jeremiah Aviel will facilitate teen-led experiences in these seasonal, place-based learning objectives:
- Core routines: fire building and safety, crafting and using tools, tracking & awareness
- Creating delicious meals with wild edibles around a campfire and using a variety of outdoor cooking methods
- Identifying and processing plant and animal resources
- Getting to know our local trees! and the roles they play in our ecosystem
- Navigation and celestial movements - yes, it's going to get dark!
- Telling our stories and sharing our lived experiences in small groups
Saturdays 2PM - 8PM*
- March 10
- April 14
- May 12* optional overnight
Ages 13 — 16
Sliding Scale Fee: $200-300
Limited scholarships are available - please ask!
Please bring a meal to supplement our group-cooked meal each day. Bring clothes for all weather, including water proof shoes, and extra warm layers. Bring a couple full water bottles - one for you and one for the community. The overnight gear list will be sent out along with enrollment materials.
A small group size will be maintained to ensure individual attention and mentoring.
Register NOW to claim a space! (Please be sure that teens are registered under a parent/guardian's Account Portal, as all communication must go to an adult).
- Coyote Howl
- Instructors will provide an email with location, directions, and any items to bring a couple days before each month's program.
- Spring 2018
- $200-300 sliding scale