Bear Camp - At Home in the Forest!
Overnight Camp (Ages 11-15)
Dates & Locations
| July 01 - July 06, 2018
| July 08 - July 13, 2018
| July 22 - July 27, 2018
Join us for a week of thriving and surviving at Bear Camp!
Together with your fellow adventurers you will build fire from friction, craft and use tools from stone and wood, identify and harvest edible plants from fields and forests, cook over open fires, sleep in a rain-proof shelter you build yourself from sticks and leaves, and more!
Some we will practice during this week:
- Build and sleep in a natural shelter
- Carve primitive friction fire kits & make fire
- Cook over open fire and bake with clay
- Craft and use tools from stone and wood
- Identify and harvest wild edible plants
- Make baskets or rope from natural fibers
- Knife sharpening and safety
- Practice atl-atl, rabbit stick
*This program was made possible by a grant from the Tompkins County Tourism Program
† Tuition is based on a self-determined sliding scale. Funds received above the minimum go to our scholarship fund as a tax-deductible donation (you will receive a receipt at the end of the year).
- 3PM Sunday - 3PM Friday
- 6 days/5 nights, includes all meals and camping