We are so happy to be out in the woods with your children this Fall! This email is to update you on a few changes and reminders for the season.
Changes to the Health Screening Process:
We appreciate your partnership with us as we work to keep our communities safe. We have made the decision to streamline our pre-program health screening process.
Our staff will no longer take your participant’s temperature upon arrival (as the air temperature drops, these readings become ineffective). Instead, we ask that you take your child’s temperature the evening before program.
Additionally, we ask that you monitor the health of your preschooler and household using the guidelines below. Upon arrival, our staff will ask if you have anything to report based on these questions. If you plan to carpool, please let us know 24 hours in advance and expect a call from us in the morning for your health screening answers.
We use the following question as the basis for decision-making about whether or not a participant should be admitted to our program.
1. Symptom Questions:
- In the past 72 hours has your child experienced:
- A fever of 100F or above or taken a fever-reducing medication?
- Cough, sore throat, muscle aches, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath?
- Have a recent loss of taste or smell?
A participant with a YES answer to any of the symptom questions not otherwise explained (for example a cough or sore throat due to allergies, muscle aches due to a recent physical injury, etc) will NOT be permitted to attend.
2. Testing and Quarantine Questions:
In the past 14 days has anyone in your household:
- Tested positive for COVID-19?
- Been tested for COVID-19 due to suspected exposure and is awaiting test results?
- Under quarantine for suspected exposure to COVID-19?
- Traveled back to New York from a state that requires a 14-day quarantine?
If there is an answer YES to any of the testing and quarantine questions the participant should not be admitted to the program.
3. Travel Question:
Have you traveled outside of Tompkins County in the past 14 days?
Answer would only be used if contact tracing by the Health Department becomes necessary.
A Few Important Reminders!
- Hunting season starts October 1. Our staff will be wearing bright colors during program and anytime we are out exploring nature. We are protecting ourselves in this way and encourage your family to do the same wherever your adventures take you.
- We recommend participants bring a personal hand towel to use when washing hands in the field
- We recommend participants bring an extra face covering in case the one worn to program becomes wet or soiled during the day.
Thank you for joining us this Fall!
The Primitive Pursuits Nature Connection Team