Welcome to the Primitive Pursuits team. Please find links and information for finalizing your employment with us.
Complete Hr Paperwork:
In order to complete the offer process, we will need to conduct background checks. We must receive these forms and complete your screenings before we can send your official offer of employment. Once you receive your official offer letter (after screenings are complete) you will complete final paid employee required forms such as an I-9 and W4.
Workday is the online payroll system that Primitive Pursuits/CCE uses for all of its employees. Through Workday you are able to view and update your contact information, benefit elections, pay slips, tax information, time worked (for hourly employees) and time off.
During the onboarding process you will be prompted to set up a Workday account and two-Step identification verification.
Summer Camp Specific:
CPR and First Aid Certification
(Lead Wilderness Instructors ONLY)
Some positions require valid CPR/First Aid certifications OR enrollment in our medical training by June 1st. Please check your offer letter to confirm if your position is contingent on these certifications. If certifications are not obtained before the beginning of the camp season, your offer will be revised and pay rate decreased. If you are receiving certifications from an outside provider, please make sure we have copies of those (scan & email, send a picture, or bring in to office) no later than June 1st.
- Primitive Pursuits medical certification trainings are paid time.
- For those who hold a current and valid NY State approved certification (from a provider other than Primitive Pursuits), you will receive a .25 pay increase per hour.
Medical Certifications Requirements:
- Please review the CPR and First Aid Fact sheets to determine if your certifications are valid for New York State Health Department standards.
- Be certain that all current certifications are valid through the entire summer camp season.
- CPR certification/re-certification is required annually.
- First Aid certification is valid for the period defined on your card. Make sure that your certificate is valid for the entire summer camp season.
Primitive Pursuits offers CPR-Pro and WRFA (First Aid) trainings during the staff training period in late June. Each training is taught over a two-day period.
Summer 2022 (dates could change)
- The WRFA two-day certification course is planned for Friday and Sunday, June 17 and 19 from 8:30 am – 5 pm
- CPR-Pro will be held on Monday and Tuesday, June 20 and 21 from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm.Please sign up for trainings by completing the Important Staff Info Form below.
If these trainings are not required for your employment, there will be a fee for attending and the time spent will not be paid time. Space is limited and priority attendance will be given to staff whose employment is contingent on certifications.
Day Camp Hours:
All field staff are expected to arrive on site in time to attend the opening staff circle at 8:00AM. The staff day ends at 4:15PM following the closing staff circle. Hours may vary based on program needs/requests.
Cabin and/or tent camping space may be available upon request. If you haven’t done so already, please indicate your desire for housing on the important staff information form just below.
Instructor Necessity List:
Please read over and download our Instructor Necessity List to make sure you have everything you may need for your first day at camp!
Recommended readings and resources:
Deep Nature Connection and the Core Routines