ADULT PROGRAMS Ages 18+
We believe in a reciprocal relationship between community and skill building finding that community enriches the adoption of new skills and skills enrich community. Whether you join us for a single workshop or one of our extended skills training programs, we welcome you into our community and hope you will take what you have learned back to yours.
- Wilderness YearSeptember - MayAn intensive, 9-month Skills Certification Program with an optional 3-month summer mentor training.
- ApprenticeshipBy trimester, September - JuneGrow into learning all aspects of running and teaching in a nature immersion program as an instructor apprentice.
- Skills IntensiveFridays, March - JuneAn in-depth course combining wilderness survival skills & bioregional knowledge with the most effective tools of mentoring. Course meets Fridays from 9AM-3PM over the course of 16 weeks.
- Wilderness WeekendsSelected WeekendsJoin us in the great outdoors to learn the essentials of survival in this series of weekend workshops.
- Bow Making e-CourseOngoingSign up to get a five-part series on bow making delivered weekly directly to your in-box.
- Central FireSpring & FallCome join our Central Fire, a program created by women for women to explore primitive skills and nature connection in a supportive, exciting environment.
"Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books." John Lubbock
"Absolutely wonderful! Going to Primitive Pursuits opened my son up to a world that is an enormous part of who he is. He also teaches his friends, everything. So it’s not only an amazing experience for him, but it spreads beyond to all of his friends." E.G., Parent