We Are Committed to Inclusion
We are committed to making our programs available to as many people as possible. Scholarships are generated with our sliding-scale fees on a program-to-program basis. Contributions made over the minimum of the sliding scale are tax-deductible donations to our scholarship fund. Scholarships are limited to the sum of these funds but we may be able to draw on additional resources for families needing more financial assistance. If you need assistance with our program fees we encourage you to be in touch with us.
Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis, pending available funds. We review applications every 2-3 weeks, and notify applicants soon thereafter.
Recipients will be notified by email and given a time-frame within which to accept or decline the amount awarded and complete payment of the balance.
Questions? Please contact our office by email (email@example.com) or phone (607-272-2292). If you have questions about scholarships for someone who is not yourself or your child, please use our Scholarship Information Request Form.
This information is also available as a downloadable PDF here.
Additional Outside Sources for Scholarships:
Although we do our best to make sure that everyone can attend our programs, please also consider applying right away to the following supplemental financial assistance programs, to allow them time for processing your application:
- Ithaca Youth Bureau ECHO Scholarship - This scholarship is through the Ithaca Youth Bureau and intended for youth in Tompkins County participating in recreational activities, at any time of year. Please call the Ithaca Youth Bureau office for more information: 607-273-8364.
- The Town of Danby offers grants to youth up to age 21 for camps and afterschool programs. Info & application: firstname.lastname@example.org or on the Town Hall bulletin board.
- Forest Village Camp (ages 5-7) is also eligible for funding through Tompkins County Department of Social Services. Additional camps may be eligible for funding through DSS – please call or email us for more information: email@example.com or 607-272-2292.
- If you live outside of the Towns of Ithaca and Danby, inquire at your local town hall for possibilities of youth scholarships. Please let us know of any resources you find!
What to Know About Our Scholarships Before Applying:
- Scholarship amounts we can provide are outlined below by program type.
- Larger scholarships are considered under extenuating circumstances, and on a case by case basis.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted a minimum of 30 days before the program start date to ensure consideration. You may apply closer to the start date, but we cannot guarantee a response before the program begins.
What scholarship amounts do you give per program?
|Growing Wild Summer Camp||$50 / week for a maximum of 2 weeks of camp per child|
|Summer Day Camp||$100 / week for a maximum of 2 weeks of camp per child|
|Overnight Camp||$225 for the first week, $175 for each additional week
|Afterschool & School Break||half the program cost up to $100|
|Homeschool*||$100 per trimester|
|Forest Preschool* - 4 days/wk||$250 per trimester|
|Forest Preschool* - 2 days/wk||$150 per trimester|
|Adult Workshops and Courses||half the program cost up to $300|
If your child is eligible for the Free & Reduced lunch program and you provide a copy of your determination letter, we will consider additional funding requests.
How to Apply:
- Create an Online Account Portal using a computer and Firefox or Chrome (not Safari or Explorer, not on a tablet or smartphone).
- Sign up for your selected program(s) and pay a deposit if applicable.
- If you are unable to pay the deposit at this time, select "pay later with cash or check" then email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements with the Registrar. Your spot is NOT held until the Registrar has replied to your email.
- Complete a separate scholarship application for EACH participant and EACH program. Epic Days are not eligible for scholarship funds.
- You will receive an email confirmation when we have received your application.
If you are applying for a scholarship for more than the maximum amount listed above, after you submit your application, please email us at email@example.com with information about your circumstances.
If your child qualifies for Free & Reduced Lunch, please mail or email a copy of your current determination letter.
Please visit our Scholarship Information Request Form to contact us about specific questions, unanswered by this page.