Could this be the place for you?
With an exceptional core of seasoned year-round staff, low instructor to student ratios and a supportive environment, a job with Primitive Pursuits offers many opportunities to grow and master valuable skills.
We are always seeking gregarious, enterprising individuals to join us!
- Our radical approach to education fosters a meaningful connection to the outdoors through nature awareness, primitive skills, curiosity, community and the mystery of the natural world.
- Youth aged 3-15 spend their entire days immersed in the fields, forests and waterways of undeveloped nature – gathering resources, crafting tools, navigating the landscape, mastering fire skills and surviving limitless challenges together.
- We are a not-for-profit nature education program in partnership with two nationally renowned associations: Cornell Cooperative Extension and 4-H Youth Development
Instructors will help craft our nature-based programs, facilitate positive group energy, and keep kids safe and engaged.
Primitive Pursuits is a year-round nature awareness and primitive skills program serving children ages 3-15 in Ithaca, NY. Our programs for youth include afterschool, homeschool, forest preschool, school breaks, and summer camp. We also offer adult workshops and teen mentoring opportunities. At Primitive Pursuits we help participants of all ages create a deeper relationship to themselves, each other, and the world around them through primitive skills, natural history exploration, play, song, and story. We are seeking year round staff to work with us, serving youth and adults in the field and in an administrative capacity.
We love our jobs and think Ithaca is a great place to live .
HIRING NOW - Open Positions
Client Services Coordinator, 4-H Primitive Pursuits Program
Responsible for customer communication, correspondence, record keeping and enrollment and registration while supporting the administrative efforts of Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Primitive Pursuits program. Implement client relations management software, manage spreadsheets, cultivate communication with clients, intake coordination and maintain accurately detailed accounts and reports. Full-time w/ benefits. Please submit a cover letter and resume listing relevant experience
More information available at http://ccetompkins.org/jobs.
CCE-Tompkins is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educator and employer.
Summer Staff 2017
We are now accepting applications for Summer 2017 staff
We are looking for:
• Day Camp Youth Wilderness Instructors
• Overnight Camp Teen Wilderness Instructors
• Growing Wild (Ages 3-5) Instructors
• Summer Camp Kitchen Manager
• Tribe Leaders and Camp Coordinators
Qualified applicants will have:
• Experience working with children
• Strong background in natural history, primitive skills, and/or teambuilding
• Compassion, creativity, attention to safety, a passion for teaching and nature
• Willingness to work in a collaborative team to create and deliver safe, quality programs
• Good sense of humor and flexibility
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." Albert Einstein