- School Break DaysOctober - AprilSo much BETTER than just a day off. Put away those devices and come outdoors for some epic Fall, Winter and Spring fun!
- After SchoolSeptember - JuneDoes your current after school program engage children on a journey of self discovery in the outdoors?
- HomeschoolSeptember - JuneOur homeschool programs are our oldest and longest running programs and very near and dear to our hearts.
- Summer CampJuly - AugustSince 2003, Primitive Pursuits Summer Camps based in Ithaca, NY have brought amazing outdoor experiences to kids and teens in the Finger Lakes area and beyond.
- Overnight CampsJuly - AugustNEW and UPDATED overnight camp offerings for young people ages 9-16 - Visit our Arnot Forest Camp website at the link below!
YOUTH PROGRAMS Ages 6-14
We are honored to deliver an experience of connection with the natural world to young people who choose to come back into the woods with us year after year. From our homeschool community to our summer camps and school break programs we’re weaving our basket of community and connection that has been growing and evolving for over 15 years.
"I whole-heartedly believe that the way in which Primitive Pursuits connects children with nature is a genuine saving grace of society. The amount of respect that is displayed towards children as well as each other has been unparalleled in any other organization that I have been a part of." T.L., Summer Staff
As a passionate connector of people and nature and nature-connection enthusiast, Wren loves roaming the forests and valleys soaking up the sights and sounds.
"Each basket we weave has its own journey, from the mineral-rich ground that held the seeds, to the sunlight that provided their nourishment, to the water that flowed through them, to animals that sought them for refuge, to the appreciation with which they were harvested and then the intentions they were crafted with." A.V.N., Wilderness Year Participant