- School Break DaysOctober - AprilSo much BETTER than just a day off. Put away those devices and come outdoors for some epic Fall, Winter and Spring fun!
- After SchoolSeptember - JuneDoes your current after school program engage children on a journey of self discovery in the outdoors?
- HomeschoolSeptember - JuneOur homeschool programs are our oldest and longest running programs and very near and dear to our hearts.
- Summer CampJune - AugustSince 2003, Primitive Pursuits Summer Camps based in Ithaca, NY have brought amazing outdoor experiences to kids and teens in the Finger Lakes area and beyond.
- Overnight CampsJune - AugustYoung people ages 11-15 are invited to come experience a week of immersive nature-based skills training, inspiring challenges, and outrageously fun activities under the guidance of seasoned wilderness instructors.
YOUTH PROGRAMS Ages 6-14
We are honored to deliver an experience of connection with the natural world to young people who choose to come back into the woods with us year after year. From our homeschool community to our summer camps and school break programs we’re weaving our basket of community and connection that has been growing and evolving for over 15 years.
"I want to thank you for voicing for our young people an appreciation and way of recognizing the deeper importance of our human connection with nature. This gives these children a new vocabulary that enables them to articulate for themselves...their feelings about their connection to nature." Parent
Born and raised in the surrounding hills, Elana is grateful to be a part of the Primitive Pursuits family and to support it's mission for creating nature access for all.
"Sunset is still my favorite color, and rainbow is second." Mattie Stepanek, Forest Preschool