Your gift to Primitive Pursuits helps to bring more youth into the woods - exploring, learning and building confidence that will serve them for a lifetime.
2017 Focus: Ensuring Our Future"The future is at stake. The natural world’s benefits to our cognition and health will be irrelevant if we continue to destroy the nature around us, but that destruction is assured without a human reconnection to nature." Richard Louv
At Primitive Pursuits, we couldn't agree more.
It has been our mission for over 15 years to get more young people outside learning, laughing and exploring while building confidence and connection that will serve them for a lifetime.
In 2016 with your generous support we:
- Provided scholarships to 98 families exceeding $25,000!
- Delivered 2,102 hours of 100% free programming to 105 underserved youth through local partnerships
- Launched our first Teen Overnight Camps (at Arnot Forest), expanding our reach to include 55 Teens from 6 states
- Kicked-off the first 'Wilderness Year' our new 9-month Outdoor Skills Training Program (at Arnot Forest) with 12 adult students from around the country
- Provided outdoor programming to 1,049 youth participants, getting them outside for an average of 66 hours per child
Our ability to make a difference depends on the generosity of our donors. Your gift is a gesture of support for helping kids grow up with confidence, inspiration and a greater sense of who they are, so that they may share it with the rest of the world.
With your support we plan to raise $15,000 to increase our reach in 2017.
Your gift matters and helps us make an even greater positive impact.
Thank you for your support!
"I recognize so many trees and plants here that I learned about in my time with you and have been passing on my fascination with fire to many people since I arrived. This program has watered a seed in me that wants to grow tall and strong for the rest of my life." Wilderness Skills Alumna